For even better leg up and/or see faster results in fixing years of poor sleep, including trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, and waking up rested, do the following:
1. Take 400-500 mg of magnesium every night. (Magnesium citrate is best)
- If you're doing resistance training, you can use ZMA (zinc magnesium aspartate). The instructions on the bottle will tell you how much you need, since each company makes slightly different combinations.
2. Take 5000-10000 IU of Vitamin D3 (10000 IU is preferred if it's winter/you don't have
much access to direct sunlight)
- Vitamin D may help with everything from giving better sleep, increasing fat loss, and reducing cancer risk.
- Cancer research has shown that cancer rates in people living at high latitudes (farther north) such as Iceland are nearly 4 TIMES the rates of those living at lower latitudes (nearby the equator).
- This is likely due to the fact people further south have direct sun exposure on a lower-level, yet daily basis which helps produce Vitamin D naturally.
- It's also very telling that higher cancer rates are found in office workers vs. outdoor workers
- Again, it seems that daily under-exposure followed by infrequent overexposure (sun burns), is much worse than daily, low-level sun exposure.
- Also, the sun is simply not high enough in the Winter, especially in the Northern half of the U.S., making it much harder to get proper sunlight
- We need 10-30 minutes of direct sunlight on a daily basis to properly synthesize and produce Vitamin D in our body.
- If we can't get light, daily exposure, we need to supplement with Vitamin D3 and an antioxidant-rich diet/preventative supplement program. The herbs in InvigorateNOW are very high in ORAC/antioxidant value and will help with this.
- FYI: The sun is the life force for everything on this planet...why would this not hold true for humans too?
3. Take 2-6 mg of Melatonin every night.
- Start at a lower 2-3 gram dose, since Melatonin can be very strong (so strong that you actually wake up feeling groggy and tired since it knocked you out so thoroughly.)
- If you have serious sleep issues and don't have results as high as 6 grams, increase the dose. Do NOT go above 10 grams (usually 5 of the 2-gram tablets).
4. Add 3 resistance training workouts or 3 intense cardio sessions each week.
- Hard exercise is one of my favorite ways to sleep "like a baby", and wake up ready to take over the world.
- Nothing gives me better sleep than a 3-4 hard sets of each exercise, with 5-8 reps, of deadlifts, rows, and chin-ups. Seriously, nothing tops this (at least for me). Try it!
5. (Optional). Remove all GMO's, gluten and dairy, regardless of whether or not you experience GI issues with them.
6. (Optional, if the options you've tried all the steps above). Go to a holistic health professional (such as a naturopath). Avoid non-holistic general practitioners, family physicians, and specialists, since they're likely to prescribe you dangerous sleep drugs that don't treat the root cause of your problem.
- Have the naturopath check your thyroid levels, adrenal glands, Vitamin D3, Magnesium, and anything else he/she suggests.
Interested in losing weight? Then click below to see the exact steps I took to lose weight and keep it off for good...
Moving forward, there are several other articles/topics I'll share so you can lose weight even faster, and feel great doing it.
Below is a list of these topics and you can use this Table of Contents to jump to the part that interests you the most.